- This “Tell Us You’re Malaysian Without Telling Us You’re Malaysian Campaign”
(“Campaign”) is organised by SOCAR Mobility Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. [Registration No.:
201701009617 (1223782-T)] (“Organiser” or “SOCAR”) in conjunction with the
Merdeka Day celebration.
- This Campaign is governed by the terms and conditions set out hereunder (“Terms and
Conditions”) and by participating or upon entry of this Campaign, all participants
(“Participants”) agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, and shall be deemed
to have given their consent for the collection of personal information and the use of such
personal information shall be in accordance with the Privacy Notice of the Organiser
which can be accessed at https://socar.my/privacy-notice with no monetary payment
- Information on how to participate in this Campaign forms part of these conditions of
entry. Registration for and/or participation in this Campaign is deemed as acceptance of
these conditions of entry. For the avoidance of doubt, acceptance of these Terms and
Conditions is a condition of entry.
Duration and Validity of the Campaign
- The Campaign will commence from 00:00 (GMT+8) on 25 August 2023, and ends at
23:59 (GMT+8) on 01 September 2023 (“Campaign Period”). The Organiser reserves
the right to amend or extend the duration of the Campaign at any time as it deems fit
without prior notice and/or liability to Participants.
- The Organiser will publish one (1) Merdeka posting at its official Instagram account
@socar.my (“Instagram Posting”) and one (1) Merdeka posting at its official Facebook
page @ SOCAR Malaysia (“Facebook Posting”) throughout the Campaign Period.
- To stand a chance at winning the Prize(s) as hereinafter defined, the Participants must
fulfil the following campaign mechanics (“Campaign Mechanics”) during the Campaign
a. For Instagram Posting:
i. The Participants must creatively write the answer to the question stated in
the Instagram Posting at the comment section of the Instagram Posting
within the character limit as indicated by Instagram and tag three (3)
Instagram users at the same comment section and publish the answer.
b. For Facebook Posting:
i. The Participants must creatively write the answer to the question stated in the Facebook Posting at the comment section of the Facebook Posting within the character limit as indicated by Facebook and tag three (3) Facebook users at the same comment section and publish the answer.
- For the avoidance of doubt, each Participant may submit multiple answers in the
Instagram Posting or the Facebook Posting of the Organiser, however the Organiser
shall only choose one (1) answer from the Participant with the highest number of likes to
- To qualify and participate in this Campaign, Participants must fulfil the following
requirements during the Campaign Period (“Campaign Requirements”):-
a. The Participants must have a current and valid SOCAR account;
b. The Participants must follow the official Instagram account of the Organiser
@socar.my and like the official Facebook page of the Organiser @ SOCAR
- The Organiser reserves the right to immediately disqualify any entry by the Participants
which is deemed to contain offensive, inappropriate and/or obscene elements. Further,
where at any time prior to the redemption of the Prize(s) by the Winners (which is
hereinafter defined), in the event where the Organiser discovers that the said Winner:
a. is not eligible for the Campaign or Prize for any reason whatsoever;
b. has any of his/her SOCAR account terminated or suspended for any reason
c. has committed or is suspected of committing any misconduct, fraudulent, harmful
or wrongful acts in relation to his/her participation in this Campaign or to the
d. has breached these Terms and Conditions and/or the Organiser’s terms and
conditions which can be located at https://socar.my/terms; or
e. is otherwise not in good standing with the Organiser and the local laws of
the Organiser shall reserve the right at its sole discretion without assigning any reason
thereto, to disqualify such Winners from receiving the Prize. All decisions made by the
Organiser in relation to the Winners, the Participants and Prize shall be deemed final
and no correspondence, appeal nor complaint from any Winners or Participants will be
- The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion, at any time, to verify the eligibility
of the Participants. Without limitation, the Participants agree to provide all necessary
information to the Organiser as required for the purpose of this Campaign upon request.
- The Participants may be contacted, at any time as deemed appropriate by the Organiser,
via email or any other mode of communication deemed appropriate by the Organiser for
the purpose of this Campaign.
- Only the Participants who fulfil the Campaign Requirements and the Campaign
Mechanics shall stand a chance to receive the Prizes. The Participants who fail to fulfil
the Campaign Requirements and the Campaign Mechanics or breach Clause 9 of the
Terms and Conditions will automatically be disqualified from the Campaign without notice
and liability towards the Organiser.
Selection and Announcement of Winner
- Subject to the Terms and Conditions, six (6) winners with the highest number of
Instagram likes to his/her answer will be chosen from Instagram and six (6) winners with
the highest number of Facebook likes to his/her answer will be chosen from Facebook
- Each of the Winners will be entitled to receive one (1) SOCAR monthly pass, subject to
further terms and conditions which is available at
- Where there are two or more Participants with the same number of likes to his/her
answer, the Organiser shall have the absolute discretion to select the Winners and the
decision of the Organiser shall be deemed final and no correspondence, appeal nor
complaint from any Winners or Participants will be entertained
- The Winners will be respectively tagged in a new Instagram posting and Facebook
posting dedicated for announcement of Winners by the Organiser within one (1) week
after the end of the Campaign and the Winners must message the Organiser directly via
the respective social media platforms within three (3) days from the date of when the
Organiser tagged the Winners.
- Failure of the Participants to contact the Organiser within the time and method as
stipulated in the preceding paragraph shall be deemed as forfeiture of the Prize by the
Winners and the Organiser further reserves the right to disqualify the Winner and to
select another Winner.
- In the event the original Prize offered is not available, the Organiser reserves the right in
its sole discretion to substitute or replace the Prize from time to time with another prize of
similar value without prior notice to the Winner(s). For the avoidance of doubt, the prize and its value shall be determined by the Organiser at its own discretion.
- The Prize is not reversible, exchangeable and cannot be sold, exchanged or redeemed
for cash. Where the Winner is found to have done any of the said actions, the Organiser
reserves the right to revoke the Prize from the Winner(s) at any time.
- The entry of the Participants in this Campaign and/or the acceptance of the Prize by the
Winners are taken as consent granted to the Organiser to collect the Participants’ and/or
the Winners’ personal data, photo, image or likeness, statements or biographical data in
accordance with the Organiser’s Privacy Notice and the Participants and/or the Winners
are deemed to have consented to such use without any prior notice, monetary payment
or compensations thereto.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by agreeing to participate in this Campaign, the
Participants agree that he/she will indemnify, defend and will not hold the Organiser, the
Bar Partners, its associated, subsidiary, parent and related companies and its officers,
servants, employees, representatives and/or authorised agents, liable for any loss,
damages, costs, claims, actions or liabilities that the Participants and/or the Winners
may incur, in connection with the Campaign, the promotion of the Campaign or in
connection with the Prizes.
- The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate or suspend the
Campaign with or without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason. For the
avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Organiser shall not
entitle the Participants to any claim or compensation against the Organiser for any
and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act
of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- The Organiser accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted,
delayed, corrupted or misdirected transaction(s) whether due to error, omission,
alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction or otherwise.
- The Organiser, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and associated companies shall bear no
responsibility for any damage, loss (including but not limited to direct, indirect, special
and consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, liability, disappointment, personal
injury, or death which is incurred, suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any
person’s negligence) by the Participants in connection with this Campaign, the promotion
of this Campaign [or the use of any Prize], except for any liability which cannot be
excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The Terms and Conditions contained herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms,
conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional or
advertising materials for the Campaign.
- The Organiser reserves the right in its sole discretion to vary, delete or add to any of the
terms and conditions contained herein, without any prior notice to the Participants. The
decision of the Organiser in relation to every aspect of the Campaign including but not
limited to the Prize awarded to Participants shall be deemed final and conclusive under
any circumstances and no correspondence, appeal nor complaint from any Participants
will be entertained.
- The Organiser shall not be liable for any failure to comply or for any delay in performing
its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
Such circumstances shall include, but not limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood,
hurricane, computer system malfunction, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities,
political unrest, riots, civil commotion, epidemic and pandemic as pronounced by the
World Health Organisation, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other
circumstances of whatsoever nature beyond the control of the Organiser.
- All expenses associated with this Campaign such as transportation, accommodation or
any other costs of a personal nature that are not stated (if applicable) shall be solely
borne by the Participants.
- All taxes, rates, government fees or any other charges that may be levied against the
Participants under applicable laws, if any, in relation to this Contest, shall be solely borne
by the Participants.
- The Terms and Conditions may be translated to other languages. In the event of any
inconsistency between the English and translated versions, the English language shall
- Any Terms and Conditions contained herein which are illegal, prohibited or
unenforceable under any law or regulation shall be ineffective to the extent of such
illegality, voidness, prohibition or unenforceability without invalidating the remaining
Terms and Conditions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the headings of any sections and paragraphs herein are
included solely for convenience of reference and shall not limit or otherwise affect in any
way the meaning or interpretation of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia and subjected to the
jurisdiction of a forum in Malaysia.